If you are a member of the Tucson Concert Band, you may access the member portal with your username and password at members.tucsonconcertband.org
Tucson Concert Band’s guidelines used for “Hiring” new players
- Potential new member expresses interest in joining our group.
- Conductor is informed.
- Conductor screens potential new member for prior performing experience via phone call/e-mail. (ex. Someone with no prior musical knowledge, playing experience, or the ability to read music would not be a good potential candidate while someone who reads well and has prior experience performing in a band or orchestra may make an excellent potential candidate, even if some time has lapsed since the person last played with a group).
- Conductor invites potentially successful candidates to “sit in” with the band and play for a rehearsal.
- Potential candidate will be seated next to principal player/section leader.
- Principal players/section leaders will provide feedback to conductor.
- Conductor makes the final call as to the appropriateness for inviting prospective new members to be included on the “sub-list” or, as openings arise, to invite those who have been through the screening process to participate as regular new members of the band.
Red Jacket: Order from Arizona Uniform & Apparel
Address: 7660 N Business Park Dr, Tucson, AZ 85743
Phone: (520) 324-0344
White collared dress shirt
Black bow tie
Black shoes (closed tow)
Red polo (See Alysonn Hoffmann or Liz Beaver to purchase yours)